Sunday, July 25, 2010

Giovanni's Pizza day 39



Today has been one of those slow going kind of days. I think the kids and I (Elliott is at Fort Knox doing Army stuff) are still recovering from all of the activities from the Christmas in July party yesterday. Well, Cody woke up not feeling well this morning, so there was no church for us today. Each time he got up he fell over saying he wasn't well. So, he slept the majority of the day...finally waking up at 3:30. When he woke up he felt like himself again. Thank goodness! I don't like it when my buddies are sick.

What was the first place on his mind to eat? Giovanni's Pizza!! YUMMY! Of course, like any good mother, I said, "yes." Alright, alright, maybe I said yes because I wanted it as well. Whatever the reason, Giovanni's was about to be dinner. I called Giovanni's, they just happened to be programmed into my phone, and placed our order. After I ordered it started raining. I felt badly that someone was going to have to bring our food to us in the rain. I actually felt guilty. So, we decided that we would hand the delivery driver a thank you card from all of us. Miss Ellie made her own thank you card and Cody & I signed one that we had here at home. He wanted to be the one that explained it to the delivery driver when they got to our door.

OKay, the time had come. The door bell sounded and the kids jumped to their feet. Cody flung open the door and asked like a little man, "how much was our order?" How cute! After Cody placed our dinner on the counter he grabbed the check and the cards to hand to the delivery person. He opened the door with such confidence, handing both the check and both cards to the driver. While he was handing them to the driver he said, "my family and I are on a kindness journey and we want you to have this as a thank you for what you do for us." It was precious! You can betcha, Miss Ellie and I were listening closely and watching out the dining room window to see the drivers reaction. The reaction of the driver was that of shock and I think he was stunned. We watched as he walked to his vehicle looking at the check and the cards.

This was simple act of kindness and it felt so good. I hope that the cards were a blessing to delivery person. Have you been tagged with kindness lately? If so, hold it in your heart and go tag someone else with kindness.

Thank you God for this kindness journey! Thank you God for my family! Thank you God for Giovanni's Pizza and for all of the workers who are a blessing to my life with the kindness they show us each and every visit.

Where will we be tomorrow? Stay tuned. Until then.....

On your mark, get set, be kind.

Love you to the moon & back,
Annie, Cody & Miss Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment