Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wednesday, day 35




Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to all 5 of you....Happy birthday to you!! Whoo hooo!! Who doesn't love a birthday party? Well, at For Jamie's Sake we recognize and celebrate birthday's. So, if your birthday was in a particular month we will celebrate it with you sometime during that month.

Well, today is extra special. There were 3 For Jamie's Sake volunteers who have July birthdays and my Aunt Judy and Uncle Jack (they are my Dad's brother and sister) So, we included them on the birthday festivities. My Aunt and Uncle are really involved at For Jamie's Sake and we felt like this was the right thing to do...they needed to be at the birthday party as much, if not more, than anyone there.

I was so happy surrounded by all of my volunteers, my Aunt, her husband, my Uncle and his wife, my Mumzey (my mom) and of course, Cody & Miss Ellie. This party wasn't even mine but I couldn't stop smiling. This day and going the extra mile for someone does make a difference. You know, the people in our life need to know how special they are. Life is to short not to tell them...there isn't any guarantees.

We sang Happy birthday time and again, and yes, I sang a couple of songs that were requested. Ha!!! We had cake, candles and cards. the room was filled with happiness and joy. I wish i could have bottled the feeling that this room had. Simply it was just love! As I sat listening to stories and jokes others told the one thing that stayed consistent was the smiles on everyones face. I wish not only could I have bottled the feeling in the room...I wish for a moment, that we could have frozen time. All of us, no matter where we are in our journey of life, had a blast at this party. It didn't matter if it was your birthday or not....you were bound to have fun.

This event taught me something. The party wasn't expensive...not at all...it was the fact that people were thought about....that they are important. Oh, I can promise you that the people in that room are special and loved. You know, that's what I love about birthday's..you are giving thanks for that person and showing them how much they mean to you and your life. To be honest, I left refreshed, knowing that all had a great time. I left thinking how easy it is to make someones day but you have to be willing to do it. I am the world's worst for being to busy. I think I make people not feel special when I'm "too busy" which I truly am the majority of the time. I want to slow down and enjoy the rain as much as the sunshine. I want to see it all and enjoy it all. I want to do this with the people in my life...the ones I love.

thank you God for my family!! Thank you God for this kindness journey and all of the lessons we are learning from it. Thank you God for the 5 special people who I was able to celebrate their birthday's with them.

God is so good!

Where will we be next? Stay tuned. Until then....

on your mark, get set, be kind.

Love you to the moon & back,
Annie, Elliott, Cody & Miss Ellie

No comments:

Post a Comment