Sunday, June 27, 2010

KDMC Hospitality House on Day 11



You know, it was upon spending a relaxing day with girlfriends that I thought about this act of kindness. It was hearing one friend tell of her experience with a Ronald McDonald house. She spoke about how they were so wonderful to she and her family during a difficult time in their life. It was then, that I knew I wanted to do something for a Ronald McDonald house. The only problem with that, is we don't have one in Ashland. However, we do have a Hospitality House.

Today was jammed packed with activities, but it was clear that this evening we would be taking a large snack basket to the Hospitality House. Originally we were planning on taking toothbrushes, magazines, etc. but when we received the thank you note from the Community Hospice and we learned how the snacks were gone in less than a day....that is what we all decided we needed to take. I purchased a nice basket ($5.00 Family Dollar) and snack cakes also at Family Dollar for the snack basket.

On today's trip we had all 4 Gollihues and one of Cody & Ellie's friend from church. What a blessing this was to me to have 5 of us on this kindness journey. When we got to the Hospitality House I noticed quickly how "homey" it was. The nice front porch with the rocking chairs, the gorgeous hanging baskets and the flowers planted in the yard. I felt like I was at a home visiting a friend. On the front porch looking at the beautiful front door we rang the door bell and buzzed in.

Once we were buzzed in, we were greeted by the receptionist. I explained our journey to her and that they were the recipients to today's kindness. She thanked us on behalf of the Hospitality House and stated that the basket of goodies would be placed for the guests to enjoy.

I had no doubts this was where we were meant to be. It just felt right. We all felt good knowing that there were families in serious trials that will be able to enjoy our snacks. There was nothing special about us or our snacks....we just were able to do a small little bit.

God is soooo good to me! Thank you God for your continued kindness you show me and my family.

I hope people understand, the reason we do the kindness acts is not for us....it is because God loves us and wants us to be kind. It is one of the Fruits of the Spirits. I want to be the hands and feet of Jesus. I can never be kind enough....never! He is always sooo good to me!

This kindness act was done in honor of my friend, Michelle. God was soooo good & kind to me when he sent her to me! There are no coincidences in life everything is a Godincident!! Love it!! Love you, Michelle!

Where will we be tomorrow? Stay tuned. Until then.....

On your mark, get set, be kind.

Love you to the moon & back,
Annie, Elliott, Cody, & Miss Ellie

1 comment:

  1. yesterday, July 1st we received a very thoughtful thank you card from KDMC Hospitality House. We don't do this to get a thank you but it sure makes you heart smile when you get the note.

    God is good!! God is great!! To Him be all the glory!!!

    ReplyDelete