Thursday, June 24, 2010

Your time is up? Not today!!!




Guess what we did on day 8? You have no more time on your meter you can't be late...that's what we did on day number 8. Okay, so maybe I'm not a poet : )Have you ever parked in an area with parking meters? The one thing I have learned for sure about parking meters is do NOT and I mean do NOT allow them to expire. I laugh, because I think when my parking meter expires there is a secret alarm that sounds and alerts them to come immediately write me a ticket. Just kidding, of course. Let me just tell you first hand, to be a parking meter offender carries stiff fees.

Today, the 3 musketeers paid 2 blocks worth of parking meters. If a car was parked at a meter we added money for them. This act of kindness was especially fun because we don't know everyone that this kindness gesture impacted.

Hopefully, someone went out to pay the parking meter and was pleasantly surprised to see time still on the meter.

So, many people today thought there time was up and it wasn't. I really enjoyed this kindness act. I would love to come to my car expecting to be out of time and still have time on the meter. I felt like we were parking meter fairies bringing good to the unsuspecting people in our city.

Early in the day, we planned on this act of kindness, for today. I thought our plans were going to be foiled as it started raining. Thank God for the rain because without the rain there would be no rainbow. However, I am so thankful that it stopped so we could do this kindness journey today.

Cody & Ellie had so much fun running up and down the streets racing to the next meter. Oh, the memories we will have for a lifetime from this simple journey of kindness toward others.

This evening as my family of four began talking about our day the topic quickly became the kindness journey. Cody and Ellie just kept smiling and sharing stories about the last 8 days and the different acts of kindness. As we were in the middle of talking Cody got up and grabbed his cell phone,I said, "who are you calling? We are still talking?" He said, "I'm calling KLOVE and telling them all about our journey." For those of you who don't know KLOVE is a Christian radio station. I'm so proud of my children.

Thank you God for Elliott, Cody and Miss Ellie. I can never thank you enough. My life is blessed...thank you God!!!!!

Where will we be tomorrow? Stay tuned. Until then.....

on your mark, get set, be kind.

Love you to the moon & back,
Annie, Cody & Miss Ellie

4 comments:

  1. I love K-LOVE! It's the ONLY station we listen to. Maybe we'll hear them talking about what God's doing through your family. You're inspiring others. I just know it! =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!! We need to get together and do one huge event!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I think that would be wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so awesome! I hope that KLove does a story about y'all!

    ReplyDelete